The Retail Industry Awards has taken place in London, with the best of the best from across the UK battling it out across 22 categories, and Henderson Group retailers dominate this year’s winners’ list.
In a total of 22 categories, the SPAR/EUROSPAR brands picked up 17 winning and highly commended accolades, with 13 of these coming from local retailers in Northern Ireland. The winners include:
- Cordner’s Comber Road SPAR, Independent Community Retailer of the Year
- McBride Retail Group, Digital Engagement Award
- SPAR Greystone, Antrim, Store Team of the Year
- Mulkerns’ EUROSPAR, Newry, Food to go Retailer (Individual store)
- Mulkerns’ EUROSPAR, Newry, Fresh Produce Supermarket of the Year (Independent)
- EUROSPAR Creightons of Balmoral, Forecourt Retailer of the Year (Independent)
- EUROSPAR Creightons of Balmoral, Independent Retailer of the Year (3,000 sq ft – 6,000 sq ft)
- Henderson Retail, Forecourt Retailer of the Year (Multiple)
- Henderson Retail, Convenience Retailer of the Year (Regional Winner)
The SPAR brand also picked up Symbol/Fascia Group of the Year at the prestigious ceremony held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane.
Paddy Doody, Sales & Marketing Director, Henderson Wholesale commented; “This is an unprecedented achievement for our local retailers across the board. It shows the position SPAR and EUROSPAR has here in Northern Ireland, with many of our stores clearly leading the way in the UK’s retail industry.”
Henderson Retail, part of the Henderson Group, also took home three awards on the night, including Forecourt Retailer of the Year and Convenience Retailer of the Year, as well as a highly commended in the Multiple Community Retailer of the Year category.
Mr Doody continued; “This achievement clearly sets us apart from other retail partners across the UK. We are working with a fleet of over 400 community stores and supermarkets, and consistently opening, expanding and redeveloping our stores to meet the demand from shoppers.”
Marc McCammond, Director of Retail, Henderson Retail added; “The level of engagement we have with our retailers and their shoppers through annual promotions and quarterly campaigns, which are all backed up with marketing support, advertising and PR, is second to none.
“We wish to extend huge congratulations to the independent retailers and company owned stores that were recognised as the best in their class and for continuing to wear the brand names with pride.”
Celebrating over 20 years of excellence, the Retail Industry Awards, which took place on Thursday 28 September 2017, is described as ‘The Oscars’ of the grocery retail sector, reward excellence and outstanding achievement across a broad range of categories.
The Awards are billed as ‘…a unique occasion that brings together the whole industry to recognise the smallest independent retailers alongside the largest supermarket groups.’
22 Jul 2019
Lynch’s lift fundraising total by almost £2,800