HWL Logistics Manager for Henderson Group
Head of Department HWL Logistics
Describe what a typical day at work looks like for you
- Prior to work, remotely checking on status reports from previous day
- Contacting colleagues on way into work
- Hold meetings with various departmental heads
- Meet with logistics team as part of customer service circle
- Meet with various parties on facilities development
- Engage with external bodies on various supply chain initiatives
Who and what are you responsible for?
My team consist of Logistics Administration, Logistics Support, Transport and Warehouse Managers as well as Project Co-Ordinators
Under Logistics Director, responsible for Wholesale Logistics operation:
- Cost efficiency
- Logistics operations
- Logistics initiatives
- Business improvement
How does your team fit into Henderson Group?
The Wholesale Logistics team are responsible for the receipt, storage and distribution of products to the retail stores.
The team collaborate across the different business units from Trading to Finance to IT to Property to Sales and Marketing using various techniques and technology to achieve optimum service.
What are the best bits about your job?
- Variety of the role
- Seeing others develop in their roles
- Working with people to improve others’ roles
- Collaboration opportunities
- Engaging with people across the supply chain both internally and externally
What are the best bits about your company?
- Desire to Improve
What is the best thing about your team?
- Passionate about their roles
- Strongly committed
What attracted you to Henderson Group?
- Good role models
- Engaging people
- Local, family company
- Supportive team
When not working, what can you be found doing?
As a Christian, I’m involved in various aspects of church life
Spend time with my wife and two children
I enjoy reading
On very rare occasions, go for a walk or head out on the bike.